Our communities offer the comfort and security you’ll find in small-town Iowa with convenient access to great shopping, education, healthcare, indoor and outdoor recreation and libraries. If something can’t be found in one of our 14 cities, there’s easy access to both Cedar Rapids and Waterloo.
Benton County recreation
- 3 golf courses are located in Benton County, Tara Hills Country Club in Van Horne, Vinton Country Club located in Vinton and the Wildcat Golf Course in Shellsburg, the only 18-hole golf course in Benton County!
- Benton County is home to 2 theatres, Palace Theater located in Vinton and King’s Theater located in Belle Plaine.
- Benton County welcomes you to our 17 quiet and serene natural areas, hiking and river trails, and campgrounds offer outstanding recreational opportunities. For More Parks and Trail Information, visit the Benton County Conservation website.
- Iowa Baseball Museum of Norway tells the story of how baseball started in Norway and culminated in 20 state championships plus many colleges, semi-pro, and major/minor league players.
- The Benton County Speedway hosts IMCA Modifieds, IMCA Stock Cars, IMCA Northern SportMods, IMCA Hobby Stocks and Micro Mods every Sunday evening from April through August.
- Youngville Cafe, the last of its kind on the historic Lincoln Highway – features fine food and gifts, tourism information about local and state sites, and displays highlighting the history of the Lincoln Highway.
- In the fall of 2000, the Wall dogs, a group of over 70 artists from all over the US brought our history to life by painting eight murals. These murals capture the pride that Iowans have in agriculture and in their communities, and are called The Harvest of Walls. Can you find all 8?
- Vinton is also home to several other historical sites, including the train depot, the Ray House, and the Horridge house. Learn more about each site by viewing the Benton County Historical Society website.
Libraries are an incredible resource for the community. They offer the practical information people need to improve their quality of life and to increase individual options in a complex society—information about health, education, business, child care, computers, the environment, looking for a job… and much more. Benton County is fortunate to have the libraries in 9 of our communities: Atkins, Belle Plaine, Blairstown, Garrison, Keystone, Newhall, Shellsburg, Van Horne, and Vinton.
Both Virginia Gay Hospital and UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine/Urgent Care have clinics located in Benton County for patients with unexpected injuries or illnesses. Located in Vinton you will also find the Virginia Gay Hospital.
Benton Development Group | 303 1st Avenue | Vinton, IA 52349 | (319)-472-5545 | Email: email@example.com
© 2018 Benton Development Group | Website Design by Three Rivers Promotions, LLC